Monday, July 11, 2011

Palestinians want the whole enchelada! Rabbi Jonathan Ginsburg

Israeli cities Jaffa, Safed, Tiberias,
and Haifa are in "my country Palestine"
on PA TV for children
http://palwatch.org/main.aspx?fi=157&doc_id=5261

by Itamar Marcus and Nan Jacques Zilberdik

The Palestinian Authority continues to present a world to its children in which Israel does not exist, and all of Israel is part of "Palestine." As Palestinian Media Watch has documented, the PA also uses cultural events, including song and dance, to promote non-recognition of Israel and Israel's right to exist.

The following are two recent examples of PA teaching its people to see a world in which Israel does not exist.

In the PA TV children's program The Best Home, children are dancing to a song with lyrics depicting all of Israel as part of "my country Palestine." The song describes a bird flying over several Israeli and PA cities, with the refrain: "I burn with envy. My country Palestine is beautiful."

The following are the lyrics:
"[Oh bird,] turn to Safed, and then to Tiberias,
and send regards to the sea of Acre and Haifa.
Don't forget Nazareth - the Arab fortress,
and tell Beit Shean about its people's return.
Oh flying bird, circling around, by Allah,
oh traveling [bird], I burn with envy. My country Palestine is beautiful.
... .
Go to Jenin, and bring me [grain] from its valley.
Greetings to Nablus, Tulkarem and their soil.
Drink the water of Jaffa's port, don't forget Ramle and Ramallah.
Oh flying bird, circling around, by Allah,
oh traveling [bird], I burn with envy. My country Palestine is beautiful."

The Israeli cities presented as part of "my country Palestine" are: Safed, Tiberias, Acre, Haifa, Nazareth, Beit Shean, Jaffa, and Ramle.
[PA TV (Fatah), June 24, 2011]
Click to view

In addition, PA TV recently rebroadcast the following song:
"Jaffa, Acre, Haifa, and Nazareth are ours.
[ I ], Muhammad, sing about the Galilee and the Golan (Heights).
Jaffa, Acre, Haifa and Nazareth are ours.
[ I ], Kabha, sing about the Galilee and the Golan (Heights).
From Bethlehem to Jenin is Palestinian,
Ramle, Lod and Sakhnin are Palestinian.
Nowhere is more beautiful than Jerusalem;
no matter how much we travel,
from Safed to Al-Badhan (near Nablus) is Palestinian;
Tiberias and Ashkelon are Palestinian."
[PA TV (Fatah), May 13, rebroadcast on June 24, 2011]

No comments: